We are delighted to announce that this blog is now available as a web app, also named “Angel Investing News,” which runs on iPhones, Androids, iPads, most tablets, and Apple and Windows PCs. We would appreciate your giving it a try.
To view the app, click here on the device you wish to run it or copy this url into a browser.: http://MobileOnlineApps.com/demo_28094
Should you not have the url handy at the time, a Google search for "Angel Investing News App" should locate this post.
You will be given the option of running the app directly or using the pop-up message to download an icon to your home screen. We suggest the latter.
In “George’s Blog” you can read the latest posts from the Angel Investing News blog, comprising original news and opinions written by angels, for angels.
“ AngelTweet” consists of our Editor’s daily selection of current tweets by angels, journalists, and opinion leaders in our nationwide innovation ecosystem. Look for top national journalists including Scott Kirsner, Kyle Alspach, and Chris O’Brien. Also angels you might know: Joe Caruso, Christopher Mirabile, David Cohen, Jean Hammond, Chris Sheehan, John Landry, Ham Lord, and many others.
Background and Purpose:
A couple of years ago we started a blog, Smart Phones: Technology and Business Apps, building a pretty good readership among local angels. The limit to growth soon became obvious: many of our non-technology oriented angels had difficulty regularly accessing the blogs. We believe the same problem also exists today with Twitter.
Our web app is designed to make it astonishingly simple to access both this blog and a daily dose of the nation’s best angel-related Tweets. Just download the icon and you are set forever. Any problems navigating the material simply restart the app using the icon.
Introducing the Angel Investing Gazette:
This brand new app is both a publication and an information hub, a “hublication” ™. The target user is an angel investor who is not necessarily comfortable searching and reading blogs, tweets, and YouTube. It incorporates the Angel Investing News and adds a superset of significant other material. You can download this hublication at http://MobileOnlineApps.com/demo_30292
- “About us” is a brief introduction.
- In “George’s Blog” you can read the latest posts from the Angel Investing News blog, comprising original news and opinions written by angels, for angels.
- “ AngelTweet” consists of our Editor’s selection of current tweets by angels, journalists, and opinion leaders in our nationwide innovation ecosystem.
- “More News Feeds” contains the latest articles by Kyle Alppach of the Boston Business Journal, George Lipper, and Christopher Mirabile.
- “Angel Resources” includes links to other angel groups in New England and nationwide, the ACA, the Angel Resource Institute, and video interviews with experienced angels including Joe Caruso, Jean Hammond, and Christopher Mirabile.
- “Locations” provides you with maps and directions to many of the sites where angels often meet, from the NERD Center in Cambridge to River Valley Investors in Holyoke.